Thursday, January 10, 2008

Update from 1-293rd

Nightfighter Family,

It is early Wednesday evening and I have spent the entire day checking on our soldiers out at the training sites, and I can tell you I am excited about what I am seeing.­ Three of our companies TM C, TM D TM F (A/113) are fully engaged in collective training and the soldiers are loving it.­ TM C and TM F have spent the last two days living out at another location.­ This training closely replicates what we will be doing while in Iraq.­ The training being provided by First Army is outstanding, every soldier and leader I spoke with the past two days have had positive feedback.­ TM D has started a three day training event that focuses on operations in a urban environment.­ All of our units now have their training set of vehicles and equipment and are moving themselves to their daily training events.­ In short all the hard work this battalion has done over the last 6 months is paying off, because we have truly hit the ground running.­ The living conditions here continue to get better every day.­ We had a couple days where the dining facility was working out a few bugs, but that is behind us.­ I have been to all the dining facilities our soldiers are eating at and they all are doing a fine job.­ The soldiers are served a hot breakfast and hot dinner every day, lunch is a MRE.­ There is a mobile PX on our base camp the soldiers can use as time is available, the hours have been limited to date but we are getting ready to extend them.­ We are still working internet conductivity issues, I am hopeful that within the next week there will be a "internet cafe" the soldiers can use doing their limited down time.­ I say limited down time because we are keeping them very busy and the time they do have off most of them are spending resting.­ I hope these updates are helpful, I will continue to keep you informed to the best of my ability.­ I appreciate all your support, we will continue to train hard and take care of each other.­

"Follow Us"
Nightfighter 6

No comments: