Thursday, January 24, 2008

Another update from Fort Stewart aka: "Hell"

Its hilarious how LTC Hadley makes it sound like they are all having a great time......Dont let him fool you. The guys are miserable. They have to eat standing up.....wear 60 lbs of body armor and gear all day long.......Zac said that prisoners have more freedom than they do. =( Not to mention the lack of sleep- and spending HOURS out at the range...... I worry about what Zac is eating, I know that the chow hall feeds them breakfast and dinner, and they have an MRE for lunch. But who knows how great the meals actually are coming from the chow hall. He is probably missing my cooking! (haha!)

Nightfighter Family,

It is Thursday evening, January 24 and I am waiting for our evening Update Brief, which we conduct every evening at 7:00 PM with all the company leadership.­ I just wanted to take a minute and let you know everything continues to go on schedule pretty much as planned.­ Last night myself and the seven company commanders had a productive 3 1/2 hour meeting with the training brigade in charge of of our validation and it went very well.­ I think they were surprised at how well our leadership at company level is tracking the training progress of each and every soldier within this battalion.­ I of course was not surprised, I know I am very fortunate to have the officers and NCOs that I have, it makes executing complex training plans like this one much easier.­

Feel free to connect into any of the FRGs I am sure any of them would welcome you with open arms.­ I want to thank all the volunteers that organize events, it is truly what makes things work back home for us.­

Just so everyone knows we are about 1-­2 weeks away from having our training pace really pick up.­ Many of our units will spend multiple days/nights in a row in the field as opposed to our barracks.­ This will of course limit communications home, but we will continue to keep everyone posted on progress.­ If emergencies arise contact your FRG or rear detachment who can pass messages on to us and we will ensure the message gets to them as quickly as we can.­

Continue to support your soldier and each other, we truly are all in this together working toward the same common goal.­ Which is a successful deployment and a safe return trip home for everyone.­

Proud to Serve

LTC Jerry Hadley
Nightfighter 6

1 comment:

Betsy King said...

So how are YOU doing my dear. Thinking of you. : )