Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pictures from Fort Stewart

I was told about these pictures being online, so I thought I would share. They just show a wide range of things that are going on down there. Zac isnt necessarily doing all of them, since these pictures are of the 76th Brigade, and not just his specific unit.

Pictures: assisting to a casualty from a simulated attack drill.....



This is actually one of Zac's soldiers, Nakia Peterson, So I am sure that Zac was nearby! =)


I am positive that Zac is somewhere in the picture too. Its Company Team Fox, and the guy pointing is his boss, SFC Bennett.

Since Zac is a squad leader, he has a little extra perks, and privileges....This is similar to his sleeping arrangement....

.....And this is everyone else......yuck.


Now, I know that pics of guys that arnt Zac isnt as fun, but this just shows the kind of things that they ARNT allowed to do.....THEY HAVE TO EAT STANDING UP!!!!! What the heck!? Its to keep them from loitering for too long. I think this is ridiculous. Let them catch their breath for a minute. GEEZ!!! The little things that we all take for granted. These guys are so exhausted. Out of the 24 hours, they are busting their ass probably between 18-20 of those hours.


CSM Cox, who is in command of the entire 1-293rd



Training includes using actually Iraqis, and people role playing Iraqis....



Oooh, somebody got in trouble! Can you imagine doing push-ups with all of your gear on, and body armor!? Zac said said they got issued 4 more plates for their body armor, and they can hardly move.....



......Taking a break between tactical training and range firing.









Far left.....Zac's boss SFC Bennett.



I am hoping this was a picture of guys heading to bed.....but I highly doubt it. There are many nights that they get only 3 hours of sleep! =(



Zac's boss, that I have mentioned before, is actually heading to Iraq earlier than the other guys. And Zac is going to have to take his place for a while......which is in charge of 48 guys!! This means, even less sleep, and more busy than he is now. WOW Poor Zac. The way I look at it is, at least they think he can do it!!!! My husband is a bad ass! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds:) Wow, if these pictures aren't a rude awakening. I really had NO clue what those guys are doing and this REALLY opened up eyes to their reality. The photos make me admire their courage and strength even more. I can't ever imagine . . .I am so thankful for what they do for our country. Thanks for sharing;) Love you, Aunt Anne and Noah

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay. It's Temujin. I came across this page a couple weeks ago when I was googling my name in school in which I was suppose to be doing work. But I check back often to see what you are posting and what Zac and the troops are doing. When they were down in the RCA dome my mom and I watched on TV and we thought we spotted Zac coming out from behind the curtain. If you do get to read this soon, tell Zac I said thank you for being fighting for our country and being so brave. Tell him I said thank you for being such a wonderful cousin and a husband he has been to you. Can't wait to see him back with the family and home soon. God Bless You and Zac, Thank you for blogging what is going on down there and keeping us all up to date. I love you Lindsay
-Temujin

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay- Looking at the post U have done, WOW! Hard to see and Take But it is reality... Just makes me even more proud of Zac and His Men. Knowing what they have to go thru to keep us all free and fight for us. Only makes me so much more Proud I Live in the USA. I know this might be difficult to hear, But what Zac is going thru here in the states is mild and only preparing him for what lies ahead of him and his men. I know My Father being in the Navy and being out to sea when The BOMB went off and having to come back into shore to pick up burnt bodies and doing things we all would rather shut the door on and forget. And to survive his ship going down also. WOW Amazes me. To My older Brother being On the front lines as a Marine in Nam. How they both fought for us and How hard Zac and his men will fight for us. No, War is Not peaches and cream, IT is a Nasty hurtful war, But who will go and fight for us? The 293rd WILL! ZAC will! And I will Just as You will Lindsay Stand proud for Our men and Love them, Pray for them, Bring them Home to our loving arms. Stand UP and be proud of Zac and Our men from INDAINA!!! WE love them all so very much. And why YES! ZAC is a BAD ASS!!! And I am darn proud he is!!! I love You Zac! (((((TIGHT HUG))))) Love to all- Aunt Sheryl :) xoxo