Saturday, January 5, 2008

January 2, 2008- RCA Dome

Before jumping into the Farewell Ceremony,


There is so much I want to say, but I dont know how. But first, I want to thank everyone that sent Zac a letter! He loved them all! He received letters, typed and hand written, cards, songs of hope burned to a CD, courage tokens, pins, I could just go on and on. But one in particular that he loved the most, (and he couldnt help but show me!) was some art work done by our nephew, Andrew who is 6 years old. It is a picture of Zac in his uniform, hat and all, carrying his gun and an American flag. It has Zac's name on it, mine (aka LaLa) and Drew. And it says, "I will miss you." He ask his mom yesterday (my sister), when they would be able to go see Uncle Zac in Iraq......he doesnt have a clue. Its so sweet and innocent. I told him a while ago that Zac will come home next time Santa Clause comes. That is the only way I know how to describe it to him. He remembers when Zac was in Mississippi for the hurricane relief, and he still mentions it. So he knows to an extent that Zac is doing "Army stuff." Andrew's little brother Xavier who is 4, just doesnt have a clue at all. But, here is the precious art work......





.....And some pictures from the day. In attendance was, Zac's mom and dad, my parents, my two sisters, brother in law and 3 nephews. I am not really smiling in any of them......I didnt have anything to be happy about. It was one of the hardest things to do, to say good- bye to my husband. My eyes were red from crying and my face was splotchy =(





Zac and his parents





I dont think the program turned out very well when I scanned it, so it may not be legible. There were 12 guest speakers....which I thought was alot, but they did keep them short. Some that you would all recognize.......Congressman Mark Souder, Senator Richard Lugar, and Governor Mitch Daniels ...... there were speeches also from Colonel Courtney Carr, and Major General Umbarger......and the President of the Indianapolis Colts! (kind of sad that he got the biggest applause! haha)






The 76th Brigade Combat Team starts to file in. (can you see where approximately 3,400 soldiers were behind the blue curtain?)





Where is Zac???


Wait, I think I see him!!!!




There he is!!!!! SSG Zachery Hackett!!!! Do you think he saw me? =)




My dad, and both sisters also took some pictures, so I may have some more to post.
Please keep Zac in your prayers. He needs to come home and get me pregnant! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linds,
I will be praying for you!
Can't wait to be your labor and delivery nurse!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

OH Honey, You are so beautiful in those Pictures and wonderful, You are so in our thoughts and prayers. You are a strong women, More than you know. Time will pass quickly and Our Zac will be back in your arms before you and we all know it. The Pictures are so AWSOME! Just because Uncle Steve and I were not there, So does not mean we were not there with our thoughts and prayers. Every hour I would so think of all of you.
I so love the drawing, Funny How a young child can put it all down on a simple piece of paper and say it all. You are so lucky Lindsay to have such a wonderful loving Family. So lean on them and I know for a fact they will hold you and comfort you with all they have and Hey do not forget me too.. You Know You Love your Aunt Sheryl's Back Massages *GRIN*
WE love you and Keep this going You Know I LOVE IT!!
I love you Lindsay and Hey! ZAC, I LOVE YOU TOO!! xoxoxo
With Love-
Aunt Sheryl :)