Tuesday, January 29, 2008

As I Sit and Cry

My good friend, and (soon-to-be cousin :)) Alisha, wrote this for me and Zac, in honor of us, how ever you want to say it......

She said, "I wrote what I felt that you feel. That inner wife is inside screaming, you need to quit hiding and quit saying that I am going to be tough. I know you are a very strong person, but sometimes you just have to let it all out and that is okay. It is really okay."

I can say I am strong
I can say that I won’t cry
But that day I had to let go
And say goodbye
Ripped my heart right in two
I cannot believe I will be without you
You make me whole, you make me one
You live in me; together look what we have accomplished
And done.

I promise I will hold you in my heart
Day in and day out and pray to God
They pull you out
Out of the depths of hell
You have to stand
But know, the brave like you
Will sit at God’s right hand
I don’t understand, I don’t know why
I ask God to help me as I sit and Cry.

Please don’t forget that I love you
I know our love will hold you strong
And as our little daughter sits in heaven
Holding you in her hands, just like you daddy,
Dream to hold her in your arms.

To Zac Hackett you are such a brave man
A kind heart and warm hand, you are willing to forgive
To fight for what is right. God will cherish you forever
So hold your head high and do not forget the ones back here who love you
And support you in whatever you do, Keep looking forward
It will come soon, you will be back home, your work will be through.


Alisha is marrying Zac's cousin Jake, in May. And I am in the wedding! :) So, cheers to my cousin-to-be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay U are so Lucky to have Alisha, You now know her love and caring Nature as We do... Very well done. We love you- Aunt Sheryl :) xoxo

Anne & Noah said...

Awesome poem Lindsay! Tell Alisha she has quite the talent and thanks for sharing:) Love, Aunt Anne

Anonymous said...

Hey That is My Daughter!!!! OK Soon to be Daughter BUT close enough I say!! I so Love Her!! OH and I love You too Lindsay!!! Have a super duper Friday!!! And Hey NO MORE snow OK!! ha ha ha Love You- Aunt Sheryl :) xoxox