Friday, March 14, 2008

Update from Kuwait

Now, before I go believing all of these wonderful things, I want to ask Zac. He said they always make things sound better than they really are, but at least its wishful thinking......

Nightfighter Families & Friends,
I arrived in Kuwait at 3 AM this morning.­ I was on the last flight carrying 1-­293rd soldiers, so they are all here and are doing fine.­ The soldiers are staying in Air conditioned tents and have two very good mess halls to eat in.­ There is a Taco Bell, Pizza Inn, Chinese Restaurant and even a Starbucks here.­ The soldiers seem to have everything they need, except that the phones and internet are very limited -­ lots of soldiers with little resources.­ The phone and internet accessibility should greatly improve by the time we arrive in Iraq in the next couple of weeks (I CANNOT TELL YOU THE EXACT DATE).­ Please bear with us and be patient for the next couple of weeks while we get ready to move.­ LTC Hadley and I will do our best to keep you informed on as much info as we can.­ This is a time when the Nightfighters really need your support and for the soldiers to focus on our mission, so we can be as successful as possible.­ I will send more soon.­

Fighter 7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha Lindsay I agree, Always Nicer to hear it from Zac, He has so been in my thoughts and prayers, Not a day goes By that I do Not look down at my yellow bracelet and not think of Our Zac. BIG HUG and Love You- Aunt Sheryl xoxo