Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Another update!

Nightfighter Family,
I am back on the internet, I have been computer challenged the past few days. Thanks to Tracy Cox for posting an update a few days ago to let everyone know we were here. I am pleased to say that we have almost 100% of our Task Force in Kuwait, plus we also have E/113 (Team Golf) back under our command. As the CSM said in his posting the living condition here are not bad. The soldiers are on cots instead of mattresses, but the chow halls are substantially better than Fort Stewart. They also have access to coffee shops, PX, Fast Food and some limited internet. We should be here between 1 and 2 weeks, we do not all leave at the same time but fairly close together. As most of you know we cannot post dates on this site due to security reasons, if you hear the dates please keep that to yourself for the safety of our soldiers. We will continue to train on many of the same tasks we were working on at Fort Stewart. The morale of the soldiers is sky high, they look sharp and professional. It is easy to spot a TF Nightfighter soldier out in a crowd. As I have said many times I extremely proud to command this outstanding organization, I am confident our soldiers are ready for their mission... I can see it in their eyes and in their actions. I have been in contact with the battalion commander of the unit we are replacing, they are ready for us and have an excellent plan to turn over control of the mission. I will post another update before I leave Kuwait and I should have immediate internet access upon arriving in Iraq.
Continue to take care of each other, we will do the same here.
Proud to Serve with YOUR Soldier
LTC Jerry Hadley
Nightfighter 6

No comments: