Friday, February 8, 2008

Mention My Child

Remembering


Go ahead and mention my child,
The one that died, you know.
Dont worry about hurting me further.
The depth of my pain doesnt show.
I'm already crying inside.
Help me to heal, by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.
I'm hurt when you just keep silent,
Pretending she didnit exsist.
I'd rather you mention my child,
Knowing that she has been missed.
You ask me how I was doing.
I say "pretty good" or "fine."
But healing is something ongoing
I feel it will take a lifetime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay, What a wonderful poem. I know you miss her dearly, and it is Ok to take your time to grieve. I still do after 3 years in March for my Mom. We miss our loved ones with all our hearts. There is not a day that does not go by, I do not think of her or want to call her, I did every day. Just to say OMG you know what Jake did or Tyler, Or My Boss and such. I so miss our talks and shopping. I see ppl with there Mom's and I get so jealous still. And when I hear ppl talk bad about there Mom's I think "STOP" you have yours Be grateful. So I am with you girl in the grieving world as I call it. And you know what, There are ppl out there who think, OH get over it or are U stilllllll grieving? Those ppl Lindsay are the ppl who have NOT lost a Loved one, OR they just have no heart/ Cold heart. So U GO right ahead and grieve all you want and as long as You want, "IT IS OK!" I love you and HUGS- Aunt Sheryl xoxo