Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Its Been a While........

Well gang, I am not sure who all checks this still.....but hopefully now that I have a laptop I will be writing more and keeping everyone updated.

For those who dont exactly know what happened, or why I am in the hospital, here are a few facts


  • PPROM= preterm premature rupture of membranes (rupture before 37 weeks, my water broke at 18 weeks)

  • PPROM complicates approx 2%-3% of all pregnancies

  • 50%-75% of women with PPROM deliver within the first week of rupture, then of the remaining 25%-50%-,half deliver in 2nd week, and of that remaining, half deliver in the 3rd week......and so on.

So far we are beating all of the odds. So PLEASE DO NOT stop praying yet!!!!!

Here is the most recent news.......

We have made it 6 weeks since my water broke. =) We have been here since July 17th.

I will be 24 weeks tomorrow, and beginning my 7th month!! Whoo hoo!!!! I will be getting two steroid shots on Wednesday (tomorrow) and Thursday to help the lungs develop. Its been a long time waiting. =)

We had another ultrasound today.......I lost a little fluid. It went from 5.1cm of amniotic fluid to 3.69cm But I have more than what I started with 6 weeks ago when my water broke! =)

Baby gained weight!!!! Last ultrasound baby weighed 11oz and the ultrasound today, baby weighed 1lb 4oz!!!!!! Baby almost doubled in weight!!! How awesome is that!??!!

Baby's heat rate is SO strong! Zac concluded that since it is his and my baby, it is stubborn as heck, so it wont be coming out any time soon. Fine by me. Stay in there at least another 6-8 weeks!

Baby Hackett is breech....so that means a c-section since I dont have enough fluid for it to turn. I will most likely have a classical incision through my skin to my uterus but then a vertical incision into my uterus. It is the quickest and safest way to get baby out (if it has to come out asap due to heart rate drop, distress etc) If I do have a vertical incision into my uterus, then I will always have to have c-section deliveries because if I were to go into labor in another pregnancy, my uterus could re- open at the incision. At first I was kind of bummed that I will never get to experience labor, contractions, and what God made my body to do.....but the more I thought about it.....I AM doing what God made my body to do. Its just that Baby is coming out a different way and thats ok!!!!! =)

A picture was taken at the ultrasound today, 28 AUG 2007.....as soon as I get it I will post it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linds,
Thanks for the update. Dani and I have you guys in our prayers.
I guess you haven't yet tossed your laptop across the room =)
All the best wishes and keep us updated.

Alex and Dani